A/Prof Prem RASHID
A/Prof Prem Rashid was Chair, NSW/ACT Regional Training Committee (2009-12) and Chair, Board of Urology, RACS (2012-14). He completed the Doctor of Clinical Surgery (Syd) degree in surgical education (2016). He has also been the Meeting Chair - 2016 USANZ ASM. He completed his tenure as Head of Urology, Hastings MacLeay Health Network in Dec 2019.
- Vice-President, USANZ
- Conjoint Associate Professor, University of New South Wales.
- Member, Court of Examiners, RACS
- Advisor & Examiner, Reference Group, Programs in Surgical Education
- Master of Surgical Education Program, University of Melbourne
- Fellow, Faculty of Surgical Trainers, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators, RACS
- Member of the Section of Academic Surgery, RACS
He has written extensively, specialising in ‘patient guide books’ focussing on bladder difficulties and prostate conditions with ‘Your Guide to Prostate Cancer – the disease, treatment options and outcomes’ now in its 3rd Edition. http://www.prostatebook.com.au
His works have been endorsed by the New Zealand Continence Association, Continence Foundation of Australia, Urological Society of Australia& New Zealand, Andrology Australia and the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.
Prem also actively publishes in peer reviewed medical journals mainly on prostate cancer and surgical education.
He holds memberships of the Urological Society of Australia& New Zealand, Société Internationale D’Urologie, Continence Foundation of Australia, International membership of the American Urological Association & European Association of Urology. He was recently awarded the prestigious Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary for his work.