Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, and complete the Consent for Treatment form that you received from your doctor and send it back to the hospital as soon as possible so that the admissions office can determine if you require any preadmission appointments.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (eg DVA, Private health insurance, workcover or self funding)
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
- Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
- If you have any concerns with step 1, please telephone the Admissions Office on 02 6582 9800 between 9.00am and 4.00pm.
If you have private health cover, you may contact your health fund prior to check for any excess or waiting periods however we will also perform a health fund check and inform you of any out of pocket expenses. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medial history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
The Consent for Treatment form will notify us of the date of your procedure and we will inform you the business day prior to your operation of your time of admission, fasting details and your admission location.
Pre admission Clinic
If you are having a major surgical procedure you may be asked to attend a preadmission clinic at the hospital so the nurse specialist can speak with you about your hospital stay, your operation, previous surgical and medical history, what to bring to hospital, as well as allay any concerns you may have.
It is a very valuable service in respect to your entire stay in hospital.
Discharge planning will also be addressed at this clinic (eg who will care for you at home on discharge, who will take you home etc). You are welcome to bring a relative or friend to this clinic.