Urological Oncologistand Surgeon
Dr Awad is a graduate of the University of NSW and is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Urology.
Current Positions and Memberships
- Head of Department of Urology in Port Macquarie
- Member Special Advisory Group - Oncology, Urology Society of Australia and New Zealand
- New South Wales Oncology Group - Urology Committee Member, Cancer Institute of NSW
- Greater Metropolitan Clinical Task Force Committee for Urology
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons - Instructor, Skill Training
- Conjoint Senior Lecturer University of New South Wales, Rural School of Medicine
- Reviewer ANZ Journal of Surgery
- Trustee Jim Bruce Urology and Prostate Cancer Trust
- Editorial Advisory Board - Virtual Cancer Centre
- Reviewer "Prostate Cancer - Your Guide to the disease, treatment options and outcomes"
- Member of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of The American Urological Association
Dr Awad undertook international fellowships in Urological Cancer after completing his Urological training in New South Wales. He has been in practice in Port Macquarie as a Senior Urological Surgeon since 2002.
He has a particular interest in prostate and bladder cancer as well as performing advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery of the kidney and adrenal gland.
Dr Awad has developed improved prostate biopsy techniques to enhance prostate cancer detection.